Sunday, November 15, 2009

November Hiatus +Bonus

November turned into a break month, posts will resume in december. On my hiatus, here's something I overheard.

I was in my seat on a plane going to visit my sister. I snagged the window seat, and smiled at the middle-aged woman with a huge bag of magazines and snacks who took the aisle seat. She smiled back and seeing we had the middle seat free, I commented how everyone else seemed to be seated, and it was nice that we might have some extra room on the flight. She replied with whisper and a smile.

"Let's just hope no obese person has this seat."

On the one hand, I'm sitting next to an potentially awful woman who unfairly judges people by how they look. On the other hand, I have a ton of extra elbow room and a supply of entertainment.

The moral dilemmas of holiday travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment